How to submit an accommodation request to your instructor:
- Log into the Student Portal with your AU login and password. This will direct you to your AIM home page.
- Select "My Dashboard" from your AIM homepage, located on the left side of the screen in the gray box.
- Scroll down and select the classes for which you require accommodations.
- Select which accommodations you require for each course (note: "Alternative Testing" includes all of your testing accommodations. They will all print out individually on your letters. Click on "My Eligibility" to see a complete list of your approved accommodations)
- Click "Submit Your Accommodation Requests" located at the bottom of the page. Your letters will be emailed to you and your instructors once the Disability Services staff approves your request.
What comes next? After submitting the above request, a copy of your Faculty Notification Letter will be emailed to you. Because each letter is customized for each individual course, you will get a letter for each of your classes. If you add a course during drop/add, you must log in and request your Faculty Notification Letter for the new course. Please note, your accommodations will be inactive until the meeting with your instructor occurs. Review your instructor's syllabus for instructions on scheduling appointments to discuss accommodations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your accommodation specialist at (334) 844-2096 or stop by the Office of Accessibility, 1228 Haley Center.
If you have a specific question(s) for one of our specialists, please email them directly. They will be happy to assist you.